My Jornada, Linux and me

Malte Wedel ich@malte.de
Mon Jul 11 21:06:28 CEST 2005

Hello again,

I am having more and more fun with my Jornada, even if I don't have a
network adapter yet, but only play around with my CF cards.

I found out, why the mailinglist archive didn't work for me... The URL
was not good working together with the relative links inside of the
document. If I open

http://lists.linux.it/private/jornada820/index.html

the links are all working as expected. A search for the archives would
be really helpful. What do you think about making the mailing list
archive public, and putting a link to the mailing list archives on the
j820-homepage. Then Google will do the rest of the work for us...

I changed the wiki-page for quick install according to the answers I
got, and old mails in the archive.

Is there anybody, who knows a little bit more about this magic TAR.bz2
file? As far I found out, this is an old version of the zaurus-archive,
that was incrementally improved and extended to somehow work on the
jornada. I will try to find out the important changes (as far as I
understand until now, it's the helper apps for kernel modules, and a lot
inside of /etc), but of course this is a lot easier, if someone still
knows what was done, to get it working.

So long,
Malte