updated 'Quick Installation' and some other questions.

Jim Shallman jim.shallman@comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 06:21:41 CEST 2005

Sorry if this is a re-post.  I'm not finding my way around the Jornada820 linux mail archives & wiki pages very well yet.

A couple of hours tonight with strace and comparing the output with my x86 RH9 linux machine allowed me to isolate and fix the xterm crash.  I think if you look at your /dev/ptmx, you'll find it is regular file instead of a character special file
(missing the 'c' in the first column of ls -l).  To fix this:

   cd /dev
   rm -f ptmx
   ./MAKEDEV ptmx

--JTS (aka jim.shallman@comcast.net)