gnome-2.4 per sid
Dom 14 Set 2003 21:01:47 CEST
per chi fosse interessato hanno messo su un repositorey per G2.4
buon divertimento a tutti :-)
Christian Marillat <email@example.com> wrote:
> Packaging 2.4 take exactly one day. We don't need 2 months to push
> 2.4 in unstable.
and was right.
Josselin Mouette <firstname.lastname@example.org> answered:
> Debian is not about providing crappy packages in one day. We are
> committed to provide a high-quality distribution, and it of course
> requires high-quality packages. Not one-day packages.
and was right.
But lots of people wants to play with Gnome 2.4 and its wonderful
gnome-about application so I did it.
I coordinated myself here:
(list created from
And produced debs (only for i386) that are available with:
deb http://apt.bxlug.be/ gnome2.4-sid/
The process was to download current Debian package and current Gnome
release and to apply patches from the first to the second.
- built against XFree86 4.3 from experimental
- not Debian-quality packages
- upgrade fails; need to run apt-get -f install once to correct some
- tries not to diverge from sid packages but:
- librsvg now depends on libcroco (I thought it was necessary)
- libbonobo creates both libbonobo and bonobo-activation packages
- control-center builds fontilus and I put themus in a separate
- sources are available on http://apt.bxlug.be/gnome2.4-sid/sources
but my upload rate is low so I sometimes only uploaded the .diff.gz
and not the upstream .tar.gz
- Gnome 2.4 feels faster on my computer and I'm happy with it
Maggiori informazioni sulla lista