[ArcheOS] Digest di ArcheOS, Volume 8, Numero 3

Fabio Gagliardi fga.gagliardi@gmail.com
Gio 13 Maggio 2010 10:42:26 CEST

Hi,

If you are interested on non-photorealistic-rendering (npr), this is the
starting point when I write a shader.

The operator of Sober is the main method where I usually start. Especially
for self-occluding object.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobel_operator

For identifying various objects just pass the information on edges rendered
through a channel of the output (for example, detecting  discontinuity of
color).

This is an interesting publication on npr, based on a procedural approach.

http://artis.imag.fr/Publications/2005/Gra05/

Something more recent.

http://www.cad.zju.edu.cn/home/chenwei/webs/paperfavorite.html

2